African Agency for Integrated Development (AAID) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 2000 by a group of community development workers dedicated to empowering and promoting the welfare of poor communities through the provision of education, training and basic services such as clean water, sanitation, health and food security. It’s an international NGO in Uganda Registered by the Ministry of Internal affairs under the NGO bureau, Uganda Government (INDR31123889NB). It has its headquarters in Fort portal in Western Uganda and operates nationally in Uganda and internationally in Geneva Switzerland, and New York-USA through contributing to UN activities of Sustainable development Goals. The vision of the organization is to improve the living conditions of marginalized and poor communities through the implementation of long term sustainable programs. Its mission is to empower and promote the welfare of these communities by helping them to develop sustainable low cost and gender responsive solutions to their own problems. The NGO is managed by The Board of Directors. The supreme governing body of the organization is the general council comprised of all members. Through its programs AAID has helped to directly benefit 12,000,000 people by reducing water related diseases, improving proper hygiene and sanitation practices, and increasing their access to safe drinking water in addition to providing economic development opportunities
Organizational Vision and Mission
AAID's Vision: Effectively transformed living conditions of community through information dissemination and implemented long term sustainable programmes.
AAID's Mission:· To strengthen the marginalized and needy among the community to come up with sustainable, low cost and gender responsive solution to their problems.
- Raise community awareness on primary health and STDs/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Promote poverty eradication strategies through water supply, sanitation, Modernization of Agriculture and skills development.
- Promote social and economic welfare of the community i.e. promotion of tourism in Uganda.
- Enhance proper community management of natural resources with emphasis on increased women participation and sustainable development.
- Advocate for human rights for the vulnerable with emphasis on children, disabled and women.
- Carry out activities of climate change and promote clean cooking initiatives and technologies
- Water and Sanitation
- Affordable Housing
- Climate Change
- Promotion of SDGs
· Institutional Development
· Social Work/Community Development
· Finance and Administration
· Urban planning
· Research and Documentation
· Environment and Natural resource management
Human Resource Management